The incumbent will lead the ideation and implementation of business and product optimization opportunities and serve as a strong liaison between Design to value cell and business divisions. Candidate will lead and develop a team of Design to value functional resources from Procurement, R&D and Product Group backgrounds, to grow and build the program within Supply Chain in Africa. The positon reports to the Product Group Director for Home Care Division but has a responsibility across all Divisions and Multi Cluster Organization’s.
The role offers the opportunity to drive a strategic change agenda that is underpinned by a cost cutting/P&L management focus and leveraged through advanced consumer and competitor insights across product design, production strategies and portfolio positioning linked to brand purpose, demand needs and preference drivers.
- Develop a Design to Value strategic roadmap, prioritized through short, medium and long term business needs via GM hotspot analysis.
- Leading a team of internal resources and external consultants/resources (labs etc.) that develops the database required to ensure efficient workshop facilitation.
- Provide value chain information that benchmarks Unilever’s product design, sourcing strategies, planning, manufacturing approaches and portfolio positioning, to external sources across suppliers, competitors, market trend analytics, supply markets.
- The role will also manage, model and develop tracking of the benefits delivery via the creation of a Design to value dashboard.
- Develop and maintain a spend data model per category.
- Facilitate strategic thinking discussions on lean R&D design working closely with these teams to bring recommended changes into market. Delivered through:
- Consumer Based Technical Insights
- Product design bench-marking
- Packaging design optimization
- Regulatory limitations/opportunity leveraging.
- Process engineering design optimization/Harmonization.
- Supporting and leveraging insights through strong partner to win initiatives that could build into the Design to Value funnel, leveraging the external resource economy available.
- As custodian of the data and information used in ideation, to ensure the integrity, robustness and consistency of such.
- Develop the Design to value workshop roadmap and maintaining the budget commitments required for delivery.
- Model the potential benefits and articulate the associated risk/ rewards clearly to business units.
- Demonstrate expert level of R&D and SC knowledge through analysis, research and networking across the global teams.
- Present portfolio adjustment strategies to maximise profitability, benchmarked vs key competitors and work through the marketing teams to validate and support execution of such initiatives.
- Senior stakeholder engagement post workshop ideations to obtain buy in through the various divisions and maintain follow up through the delivery of agreed projects.
- Driving Design to value as a key pillar reviewed under the various CCBT forums.
- Building the Design to value business pillar through new approaches and enhancing its position within the organisation.
- BSC Engineering, Business Science,
- Experience in leading design to cost initiatives within the FMCG sector
- Advanced level of strategic consulting, data analysis and interrogation tools and methodologies
- Excellent project management skills and support
- Cross functional exposure across R&D and SC
- Minimum 2-3 years management experience
- Business Team leadership preferred
- Ability to develop good working relationships & networks across multiple business teams and stakeholders levels.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in remote supporting teams.
- Strong Record of Team leadership
If you meet the above requirements, please use THIS LINK to apply for the post.