Storefront is a specialty provider of commercial/enterprise imaging systems. Founded in 1999, the company has almost 20 years’ experience providing, operating, and supporting mission-critical, enterprise imaging systems, including:
- PhotoSite Hosting and Operations
- Fulfillment Hosting and Operations
- Kiosk Fleet Deployments and Remote Management
- Mobile Application Integration and Operations
- Customer Support
- Partner Support
- Retail Support
Storefront’s applications and systems are designed for distributed operations and remote support. With decades of experience directly supporting customers and partners, storefront has designed its products to be fault-tolerant, self-healing remotely managed and supported. Using Storefront’s Remote Management Service support costs and delays can be greatly reduced or avoided. In-store system management, updates and support enable new efficiencies, abilities, and savings.
Storefront is growing and in need of competent, responsible individuals to join our development team. The role will be involved in the creation of applications targeting Websites, Mobile, Kiosk and IOT. You will be mostly working on Rest API services which are consumed by various frontends
We offer industry standard compensation and extended medical/dental. There are also many opportunities for growth and mentorship. We are a tight knit group of individuals who share a common desire to have a strong and respectful corporate culture. We are conveniently located in Waterfront Station at the heart of downtown Vancouver, with easy access to all transit routes. Additionally, a qualifying candidate would be given the opportunity, if they wish, to join our office Foosball league (playoffs at the end of the month!).
Storefront is a well-established technology company that sells and provides e-commerce and photo imaging services to a wide range of clients, including individual retailers, global multinationals and Fortune 500 companies. Having won numerous industry awards, the company is a leader in the retail imaging and kiosk industries.
With its staff of cutting-edge technology professionals, Storefront provides a challenging yet supportive environment to exercise and advance your particular skills. The company respects and encourages the responsible application of independent thinking.
A collegial workplace, Storefront enjoys excellent employee retention, with many employees having worked here for over 15 years.
This opportunity is a great chance to get involved with an established organization entering a new phase of growth. We look forward to welcoming a new valued member to the Storefront team.
Key responsibilities, in collaboration with others, would be
- Creating specifications for new web-based services and changes to existing web-based services to support new functionality
- Conceptualizing, wireframing, design and coding of new web-based services and maintenance of existing services to introduce new functionality
- Development of REST and Web services to support Web Frontends as well as Edge devices (mobile, kiosk, IOT) in a LAMP environment.
Required technical skills:
- Polyglot Programming skills (mostly Object Oriented but also an understanding of programming paradigms and theory) and experience with Enterprise Software Design
- Experience with continuous integration testing methodology, version control, and unit test development
- Understanding of relational databases, Service Oriented Architecture services, Design Patterns and Antipatterns, and Rest methodologies.
- Extensive experience with Linux or Unix and the command line.
- Experience with modular PHP or similar OO language (Python, Java, C#, Ruby).
- Experience developing complex systems and with working with Legacy code.
- Candidates with extensive experience working with continuous integration and systems automation will be given preference.
ALSO READ: Canadian Visa Lottery Application Form 2018/2019 – Hurry up Apply Now!
- 4+ years’ experience in a directly related position
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- A positive “can-do” attitude that achieves results without cutting corners. It’s okay and expected to not have all the answers, but the ability to take ownership of a problem, do the research and make use of available resources to find solutions will be key
- Proven verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Click here to apply for this Job
Share to help a brother