Entourage Consulting supports the US government. We provide comprehensive civilian staffing solutions to contract and procurement offices of US Government installations around the world. With our Headquarters in San Antonio, TX and our APAC office in Tokyo, Japan we effectively help the U.S. government with contract staff augmentation and locum services of civilian professionals. Entourage is a veteran owned fully licensed total service Provider with more than 40 years’ experience working with the US military and government.
The mission of the military healthcare system (MHS) is to ensure the nation has available at all times a healthy military force supported by a combat ready healthcare system. Health care services for eligible MHS beneficiaries are provided at military treatment facilities (MTF) located on or near military installations or posts. The military treatment facility may be a clinic, Hospital, or Medical Center. Clinics are outpatient facilities offering primary care or simple specialty care (routine exams, tests, treatments). The Clinic may be a stand-alone site or a satellite of a larger Clinic, Hospital, or Medical Center. Army Community Hospitals (ACH) offer more complex, resource- intensive secondary care (e.g. inpatient care, surgery under anesthesia) and primary care at outpatient clinics inside and outside the hospital. Army Medical Centers (MEDCENs) offer tertiary (sophisticated diagnosis/treatment of any ailment), secondary, and primary care, hospital services, preventive services, blood bank, and other services. In addition, all MEDCENs offer graduate medical education programs for physicians.
• You must have working knowledge of medical records procedures, regulations and principles to carry out a variety of medical records functions such as analysis, coding, ensuring compliance, and compiling data.
• You must have working knowledge of data collection methods for basic health care, research information, and statistical reporting.
• You must be skilled in effective oral and written communication.
• You must be able to provide audit feedback and education in either an individual or group training session determined by the MTF-specific COR or Coding Supervisor.
• You shall provide an extensive working knowledge of Ambulatory Payment Classification (APCs), International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM/PCS), Current Procedural Terminology (CPTs), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), and Evaluation and Management (E&M) coding. An extensive working knowledge is defined as a minimum of five years of coding experience. The contractor shall also maintain a working knowledge of the MHS coding guidelines for documentation, coding and billing services provided by supervising physicians in a teaching setting.
• You shall ensure CSPs are able to read, interpret medical records, and understand medical terminology to correctly code medical records. Additionally, CSPs shall have a minimum of two years of experience with common office software to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and electronic mail systems and proficient with computer hardware and software (AHLTA, CCE, CHCS, MHS GENESIS, and Essentris) to accomplish assigned tasks.
• You shall ensure that all contract CSPs providing services under this contract shall be able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with all parties and other health care providers. In addition, if the position requires the use of computers, the contract CSPs shall be computer literate.
• You shall have the required education, training, experience and documented current competence in the required specialty position description.
You must have at least five years of experience in the healthcare industry, with either hands-on outpatient coding/auditing experience or teaching coding classes in an approved AHIMA accredited college program.
You must have an Associate’s degree in healthcare or related field, and supplemented with two years of related work experience. Three years of medical auditing is preferred.
You must have as a minimum a Registered Health Information Technician Certificate, Certified
Professional Coder Certificate, or Certified Coding Specialist Certificate. Additionally, a Certified Professional Medical Auditor certification is required.
Click here to apply for this job