Address: 6880 Financial Drive
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Call Centre
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 08/31/2018
Req ID: 169534
What is the opportunity?
If you possess a client-focused mindset and have the ability to identify client centric solutions, this role gives you a great opportunity to grow with RBC. As an Online Support Service Representative, RBC Direct Investing you provide clients with helpful and engaging, professional, efficient, and knowledgeable service over the phone or through written communications. You are diligent with an attention to detail, and maximize productivity on an individual and team level. Effective problem resolution, apptitude for technology, exceptional client service and strong desire to learn and grow your knowledge of the securities industry and its products/services is crucial to your success in this role, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
Full flexibility to work a variety of shifts ranging between 7AM to 8PM, Mondays to Fridays
What will you do?
– Act as primary contact for RBC Direct Investing (DI), RBC Dominion Securities (DS), RBC Wealth Management (WM) and RBC Investor Treasury Services (I&TS) clients on behalf of the RBC Online Support Services helpline.
– Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills while providing resolution at first point of contact regarding online technical, troubleshooting, and navigational support.
– Work with peer groups within IT Client Services and external service partners to bring complex issues to resolution, escalating to management when required.
– Proactively uncover opportunities to match customer needs through effective communication and probing skills to help guide clients to available options in respective DI, DS, WM & I&TS websites.
– Actively promote the capability and functionality of the RBC DI, DS, WM and I&TS websites and mobile capabilities, proactively identifying self-service opportunities for clients.
– Work within specified performance metrics for all client communications (verbal or written).
– Uphold a professional image of RBC at all times
– Understand and apply industry rules and regulations (e.g. IIROC, Provincial, etc.), as well as RBC Enterprise and RBC Direct Investing Inc. policies and procedures to all activities performed.
What do you need to succeed?
– University degree / College diploma and a minimum of 1 year experience in a client service and/or sales oriented role, driven to help meet clients’ needs.
– Fluency in both English and French communication (verbal, written, and transcription), analytical and time management skills, along with an attention to detail.
– Excellent team building, problem resolution, and computer navigation skills, as well as strong initiative and the ability to multi task with exceptional customer service skills and friendly & professional telephone skills
– Strong PC skills, familiar with IT hardware and software terminology, Knowledge of MAC and Window Operating Systems, Web-based applications and Microsoft Suite products.
– Completion and maintenance of standing with the Canadian Securities Course – completion within the last three years and/or approved extension (if not, must be completed within 12 months of start date)
– Completion of Conduct Practices Handbook
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best; progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted information to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
– A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
– Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
– Ability to make a difference and lasting impact on our clients
– Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
– A world-class training program in financial services
– Flexible work/life balance options
– Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB USING THIS LINK