Job ID 3033491
Primary Location Prague, Czech Republic
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Join our team as a System Software engineer in the Customization Services team, working in the Dynamic Image Load business. You will be working with customers and internal manufacturing site to create solutions that meet customer needs and can be integrated into the DIL process.
You will be developing software scripts, images in support of HP products. This includes troubleshooting and debugging all aspects of this End to end process. Develops software scripts to support operating systems and BIOS updates, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. A configuration of routers, switches and networks.
Based in Prague, you will be part of a very dynamic team in a global environment: working with customer configuration centers and factories located around the globe. Join the command center team if you are interested in a being part this a new business opportunity.
As a System Software engineer you will:
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of the application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Join us if you have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent a plus.
- 2-4 years’ experience.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types (desktop, notebooks)
- Knowledge of software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools. Knowledge of KVM’s
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and Czech language.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Advanced hardware/software troubleshooting
- Server and VM Administration – Active Directory design and management
- Advanced network troubleshooting and configuration, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, IPV4, DHCP, DNS
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Python, BASH, VBScript
- Scripting with Batch and automating Imaging Deployments
- Nice to have JAVA, SQL, Hyper-V, Linux Administration
- 5 weeks of vacation & 3 days sick leave.
- Wellness program.
- Special offers from theaters and cinemas.
- Possibility to be part of the Impact Network (Women Network, Diversity and Inclusion).
- Volunteering programs.
If that is you, kindly submit your CV using the link provided below: